Wednesday, July 8, 2015

July 8 - of Osaka

Good Morning Osaka! My first day in Japan and was I psyched. First order of business was to find a SIM card given I couldn't go anywhere, do anything what with no language nor orientation skills. 
Made by way through the Osaka subways - very well planned and timely, equipped myself with a sim card and set out to explore the city. 
Starting with the Osaka boat building and the Osaka roof garden tower whixh had stunning views of the Osaka skyline. Onwards to the Osaka castle and park - where I was greeted with my first castle in Japan. A beautiful site - perched on top of a hill , surrounded by a moat and built with such care and attention to detail. It had used some of the largest stones in the making of it gates. 
From there on to dontonburi, through shopping streets and alleyways. Dontonburi is along the waterfront , packed with restaurants and street food places in every square and nook you can find. Octopus balls, ramen, tempura, crab you name it. Beautiful landmarks, gusty crowds and a high energy atmosphere. Had a lovely meal of veg tempura and miso soup, did some more window shopping and made my way back to the hostel for the night. 





































No comments:

Post a Comment