Wednesday, July 29, 2015

July 24 - of horakuan

Rise and shine - woke up to the birds chirping and a light rain. Helped myself to some coffee and toast by the time Dorothy , the owner arrived, ready to kick off the day.

Our task was weeding but given it was raining , we chatted while i finished my breakfast. It was great to hear about her passion and commitment in building this temple into the beautiful place it was today. We talked about meditation and life and stuff. And soon the rains stopped, and for the first time in my life, I started weeding. It was a very cathartic experience trying to pull out the weeds from their roots. Removing the useless clutter from the garden of life , making prominent the more important focal points. The sun was high overhead and my knees had yet not forgiven or forgotten the pain inflicted on them on mt Fuji, so I was glad when we were finally done.

As I finished my brunch , Dorothee brought along my companion for the next few days. Mike was a British guy , 27 year old creative writer who had long tales and loved telling them. Good company for a quiet and lonely place when you needed it , but perfectly happy to enjoy his own company and let me enjoy mine too.

Had a slow, relaxed afternoon exchanging stories and then I headed out into the hood for a walk. Rustic houses along the edge of a narrow road - small farms with corn , fruits , potatoes strewn about amidst the valley. A dog barking down the street made me change my path - not a battle I wanted to pick today. The other end was just as beautiful and when I returned to head back , I stumbled onto a long cedar tree lined path which inadvertently brought me back to horaquan just when I had thought myself as lost. 



No comments:

Post a Comment