Wednesday, July 8, 2015

July 6 - of goodbyes and moving on

Our last day in Africa - as we packed up, checked out and headed into town one last time, looking for last minute souvenirs, I had mixed feelings. One part of me was so done with all that the little town of moshi had to offer, that I was ready to call it quits. The other pet of me wanted to explore more, dig deeper into the African ways. 
Managed to do a bit of both. We strayed into a cute souvenir store where the owner gave us little souvenir key chains saying 'just done it'. Was a nice gesture congratulating us for having climbed kili.  We explored the store some more and then moved on to a local grill to treat the carnivores amongst us to some local bbq. It was an interesting experience for all concerned though there was more bone than meat to it , and what meat there was , was tough to scrape off. 

Anyways, time to head off to the airport and hugs and goodbyes all around, we dropped off my Australian friends , I got a glimpse of a more residential and affluent side of moshi. Which was really good to see on my way out as otherwise my impression of it would've been a rural village with an urban launching pad for kili climbers. 

Spent some time souvenir shopping at the airport and treating myself to some savannah cider before I boarded the plan out of Africa and toward new horizons. 


No comments:

Post a Comment