Wednesday, July 29, 2015

July 26- of Japanese yoga

We started early today - mediation, followed by chanting at 6. Tea and some rice dessert, wrapped in a green leaf packaging for a quick refresher before we started yoga - in Japanese.

I was a bit worked up about it - the dual instructions , often incomplete and confusing , didn't allow me to focus and relax. I was quite restless and didn't get the peaceful serene sense I was looking  for in a yoga class. The effort and humor of addressing and catering to an foreign audience was lost to me. Until such time I complimented the yoga teacher only to learn she found me intimidating!

Anyways, breakfast was rice pudding like thing with pumpkin and some sesame salt sprinke and some plum and cucumber pickles - all of which was amazing.

More art - this time around big picture , reduction and abstraction. This phase when a lot slowly , so much that I showered, took a nap and read some , and still there was time to go.

Discussions ensued , followed by another yummy meal - this time of udon noodles with cold sauce , fried tofu with radish and soy sauce - Japanese vegetarian food can be good after all I discovered.

After some lovely melon as dessert, we said goodbye to our visitors and settled again into the quiet of the afternoon in the temple.

Time crawls when you have nothing to do. Which is fine - I want and need this time to contemplate , to feel what I want of life, where I want to go next. What the three months have helped me realize about myself - I don't know yet. But life is good - I am enjoying it. And the time here is a good thing for me before I get back into the life as I left it in San Francisco. 






No comments:

Post a Comment