Friday, May 8, 2015

May 9 - rain rain come again another time

Yet another wet rainy day at Mt Cook. Donned all the waterproof gear I had and decided to venture out to Kea Point.

Couldn't decide if I was the only brave or the stupid soul who decided to take on the rain. In any case, with a determined air, I breathed in the smell of the earth , took in the hazy surroundings around me by peeping through my rain hat and trudged on. In an hour I could feel the cold rain seeping in to my bones and I longed to take my IPhone out and take a 360 view of the mountains around me and the glacial waters feeding into mueller river. In the end the practical side of me won and my iPhone stayed inside safe and dry. 


Back at the YHA for a hot meal and a debate over the tech giants ruling out world as we know it. Laundry day - might as well seeing as the rain showed no signs of letting down. 

Will I be able to see Mt Cook before I go at all? It's anyone's guess ...









No comments:

Post a Comment