Wednesday, May 13, 2015

May 13 - of Marlborough valley wines

Headed from kaikoura northwards to Pictom. It's a harbor town - lots of ships coming in during the summer bringing in tourists from the world over to taste Marlborough wines.

So decided to join a wine tasting tour the last minute. Tasted a variety is Sauvignon Blancs from different valleys  in the region , quite a few Pinot noirs , and some Pinot Gris too. My favorite was Kim Cromwell Sauvignon Blanc. Am slowly but surely acquiring a taste for Pinot noirs - been more of a dark , rich, spicy reds fan till date , so there's been some new palates my taste buds are getting exposed too.











The highlight was the chocolate factory - had some great truffles laced with Pinot Noir, some change laced ones , and my personal favorite was Mac nut coated orange flavored chocolate.

Had my first restaurant meal at dinner today - the first  of my trip so far. Went out with my wine tasting buddies - felt normal after 12 days of hostel life.  And apple crumble for dessert at The Villa later - the perfect way to end the day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment