Friday, June 5, 2015

June 3 - of the fame of SOH

It's captivated so many people through movies, videos and countless performances including world famous opera premiers and symphonies.

I was lured into buying tickets for the only show available on the day I had free in the city. It was Robertson's My Country Amy Life symphony. Was pretty up,close and personal to the stage and was busy following the musicians expressions as they played, the conductor as he was so intensely involved in his work to the exclusion of the venue , audience , everything but what he was doing in the moment. To the violinist who had so much sorrow and pain in this face , and bloodshot eyes from either a hangover or not enough sleep. To the other musicians - some of them playing listlessly, others  one with the music , all vey somber folk dressed in black.

Got some more pics of #vividsydney while I was out there. And did I mention yha railway square was such a refreshing change compared to Sydney central yha. What a change a block In a city like Sydney can make in your experience of it. Loved the railway car accommodations :)




















The morning you ask? Well - I was dressed to run but ended up taking care of trip planning, currency exchange and a quick trip down to the new town neighborhood - for some
Much needed threading and was hoping to stop at lentil as anything but didn't quite happen. They were closed to prep for dinner. I eventually did end up running down to botanic gardens - felt refreshing once I was out there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment